1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot Chocolate. Definitely
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Big ones have a bow.. smaller are wrapped.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on the tree, colored on the house.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I always buy it.. then it sits in the car until it goes bad.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Day after Thanksgiving. Unless I'm dead from shopping.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Ah snap. Food is my enemy.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Getting up before the parents and opening our stockings by the light of the tree.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I never stopped believing. Really though, I don't remember. Must not have been too tramatic. I still believe in the spirit of Santa. :)
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I'm crazy. And OCD. I wish I had room for two trees. So I could put all of my ornaments from growing up on one.. and have the other one be my CRAZY, anal tree.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it.. for one month.
12. Can you ice skate? I rock. Boo yah.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My rabbit in sixth grade. Too bad I killed it. Sad day.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Being with family. Even though they smell. My little family Christmas morning.. having kids on this holiday ROCKS.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Here we go with the food again. SWEETS are delicious.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas Eve Pajamas. I have a small obsession with pjs.
17. What tops your tree? A big ol' sparkley red star.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? GIVING fo shizzle..
I somehow erased 19.
20. Favorite Christmas show? The Family Stone, Elf, Fred Clause, Polar Express, Old Christmas Claymation. Love them all.
21. Saddest Christmas song? None of them make me sad.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. This is the ONLY thing that would make Kapri stop crying when she was a baby. Now she sings it with me!! HO HO HO!!
23. What is your favorite Christmas ornament? The ones I have made with my girls' handprints. Oh yes. I am THAT cheesey mom now.
My house is a disaster. Just thought you all should know. :)
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
As seen through pictures from our phones.
I took pictures EVERY SINGLE DAY when Kapri was a baby. Now I am lucky to remember to get out my camera on her birthday. Poor Piper. What has become of me.
Thank goodness for cameras on our phones though. Thanks to them, you are now going to get a review of TEAM MCPHERRON'S pure awesomness.
Do you get queasy at the sight of blood? Well, suck it up.
First up.. Kapri had to get stitches. She decided it would be a good idea to pull down a back massager from the top shelf in the closet. Her face didn't agree. She screamed and fought getting stitches so they had to sedate her. WORST. DAY. EVER.
Luckily she was great when she got them removed and the scar is barely noticeable!!
CUTEST sleeper ever.
This little lady is pulling herself up on everything. She's crawling now too.
Pretty much.. she's the shit.
Mama and Daddy got to go on a date!! My man looked FINE this evening.
Fast forward to this.
Let's just say he thinks the Green Bay Packers undefeated streak is all because of this beard.
And who knows, maybe it is.
Sorry baby, the Packers are not winning just because you have refused to shave.
But that would be awesome.
Draper Park has FABULOUS lights this year.. definitely worth a drive by.
Went "ombre" with my hair. Thats right ladies. I gave my self re-growth.
Not gonna lie... matching babies make me happy.
Our official tree topper.
LOVE baby butts in the air.
Itty Bitty earrings make me smile.
Happiest baby EVER. Even when she's upside down.
Our life in a nutshell.
"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.
We're gonna sing to her today.. one year older and wiser too.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY.. TO YOU!!
My baby is 3. THREE.
We had a low key birthday this year. Maybe next year we'll splurge and let her have a "friend" party. I once heard a good rule of thumb is to allow them to invite as many kids as they are old. I could probably handle 4 four year olds. Probably.
I read a blog and got the fabulous idea of the "balloon fairy" visiting Kapri's room while she was sleeping and leaving a plethera of BALLOONS to surprise her in the morning.
I thought this was a fun and pretty much brilliant idea.
We blew up all of the balloons in our room and then quietly threw them all into her room at about 1 in the morning.
I was so excited to hear her excitement when she woke up in the morning. But, I was NOT expecting her to wake up a 4 in the am when it was still pitch black and come running into my room hysterically crying because there were BALLOONS IN HER ROOM!! I mean seriously.. I would be freaked out too if I woke up in a dark room full of balloons.
I let her sleep the rest of the night in our bed (which I almost NEVER do cause dang, its uncomfortable). She was much more excited about the balloons in daylight.
She got to have her BFF Addison sleep over.. which I'm sure was the GREATEST birthday ever. We had brownies with candles, Barbie movies and presents galore.
Happy Birthday Kapri!!
This little girl makes me feel LOVED all day, every day. So grateful I get to call her mine.
PS. This chickadee is FULLY potty trained. I told her that 3 year olds can't ever poop in their panties. For some reason it clicked.
Can I get a WOOT WOOT!!