Friday, August 7, 2009

Sooo.. Shonni and I were lucky enough to make it to California a few weeks ago. I have been putting off posting a blog on it, mainly because I knew it would take quite a bit of time and "time" is not something I have had oodles and oodles of lately. So, instead of doing my normal, post consisting of 800 pictures (each with a detailed explanation), I'm just going to post my favorite pictures (which still might be 800, but I promise not to write a paragraph about each one.. this time), and maybe tell a little about them. What was that? I think I just heard a big "sigh of relief" from all my readers. Ha ha!! I wonder if people really like to hear every detail, or if they'd just rather see pictures and read a few words. Hmmm.. I'll ponder on this.

The girls took a bath together in Nonni's sink, it was a little squishy, Addison bonked her head and Shonni claims that I was taking inappropriate pictures of her daughter, but overall it was an enjoyable experience.




Here are a few pics from the drive.. the girls did surprisingly well. They watched some movies and slept most of the way.





Los Monitos is a restaraunt my Dad has been going to for years, we almost always go there to eat when we're in town.. its delish.. and a little ghetto. :)




Shonni and I made garlic burgers for everyone.. I'm pretty sure they were a hit. In fact, my Aunt Janice said its the best burger she's ever had!! She might have just been being nice.. but they sure were delicious.





I'm trying so hard not to write this much but I just can't help it!! I want everyone to know everything even if they don't wanna!!

We went swimmin' in the pool a few times.. the same pool that the turtle, I believe her name was Shelly, swam in a few days before. Too bad we missed it.






The girls rolled around on the floor..


Hey.. that was short and sweet.. see I can do it!!

Ruby's on the pier!! This is a tradition for us, we ALWAYS eat at Rubie's in Huntington Beach.. LOVE the shakes!! In fact, I could go for one right now!!




Sunset at the beach.. doesn't get better than that!!

The day before we left we went to the beach.. can we say SAND EVERYWHERE!! Kapri ate a couple handfuls, can't hurt too much, right? I got a horrible sunburn, even with 50 spf sunscreen. Apparently, I underestimated my whitey-ness.







So I have this Aunt Rhoda, (Help me Rhonda!! Help, Help me Rhonda!!) she has like 44 kids.. okay maybe not that many.. I think 19 is the grand total between her and her husband. ALOT.. plus lots of grandkids.. and even some great-grandkids. Anyhoo, a bunch of them go to the beach every week together, and we were lucky enough to come along this time.





In the evening we got a fire pit and cooked delicious chicken, corn, VEGGIES!! I got Kapri dressed in some warmer clothes.. she pretty much looked like a boy!! In fact, one of the kids asked if she was a boy or girl. Too bad I didn't have her ears pierced then.. I guess thats a pretty good track record. In all her 8 and a half months here on this earth, she's only been questioned as a boy once.





At the end of the night we had to pack up everything and bring it to the car.. earlier we had juggled twelve umbrellas, a cooler, some chairs, the playpen and the girls down to the water. This time we put our thinking caps on.. why not just put everything, including the chillins, in the playpen and carry it all at once?? Brilliant I tell ya!! Plus the girls loved it and giggled the whole way!!


The next morning we packed up our stuff and headed for home.

Phew!! Thats it, no more, I'm done. That was tough for me I tell ya. Hopefully someone enjoys these pictures. :)

How about one more.. just because I can't resist those thighs!!

1 comment:

  1. I may be only ONE of your readers. But since I am awesome I assume my opinion matters more than everyone elses. I LOVE to read details. ESPECIALLY when they are funny stories!!

    ReplyDelete