Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy St. Patricks' Day!!

We started the morning out right.. with GREEN french toast and eggs!!


Kapri LOVED them!!


Later that day, we actually went OUTSIDE to enjoy the warm weather!! I am sooo ready for spring.. I am NOT, however, ready for summer. So.. 90 degree weather, stay elsewhere. I'll see you in August, preferably.

Me, my dad (whom we had invited for dinner) and Kapri went to the park while we were waiting for Cody to get home from work.


My dad thought it would be a great idea to take a picture of him by his car and Kapri on her car. (If you know my dad you understand why this is so funny.)


Kapri is still unsteady on her feet when there is any type of un-even ground. That kid face-planted it about twenty times while we were there. She was trying to pick up a pretty big rock, and every time she'd finally get it up, it was too heavy so she'll fall forward.


I must admit, she's a stubborn one. Must be related to Cody McStubberface.



All I have to say is.. playing outside is EXHAUSTING!! She is everywhere!! I am constantly running after her.. stay out of the street!! Don't pick up that dog poop, (YES that happened, THANK YOU neighbor for not picking up after your dog!!)KAPRIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!

I made corned beef, potatoes, carrots and brussels sprouts for dinner. The brussels sprouts were a first for me... I love veggies, so I was a little disappointed in their overall DISGUSTINGNESS.




After dinner we got Kapri dressed in her pj's. (Green of course, so no leprechauns could haunt her in her bed and pinch the wee thing. Hehe.) Cody read her a few books, and she was off to dream land.


I realize that she's still too young to understand why on earth her CRAZY mother would turn her food green, and why I insisted she wear green. I guess, right now, I do it for me. But, in a few years I hope she'll be BEGGING me to make green cupcakes and green kool-aid, and heaven forbid, cook brussels sprouts on St. Patty's Day!!


An Irish Prayer
May God give you...
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment