Monday, January 18, 2010

Snip, Snip, Snip...

A few months ago my sister, Jalynn, told me about Disney's "Give a day, get a day" thingy-ma-jig. You sign up for a day of service, and you get a day pass to Disneyland/Disneyworld. Fantastic idea Disney.. I know its sad that you have to bribe americans to do charity work, but really, you make millions of dollars a year.. it can't hurt to give a little. Right? RIGHT? Tap, tap.. this thing on?

Anyway, there are a bunch of different things you can sign up for. We chose to do blankets.




It wasn't a ton of money, and it only took a couple of hours to do. And as cliche as it sounds, it feels good knowing we just made something that will comfort a little boy or girl staying in a big scary hospital. So why haven't we done something like this before? Well, since I can't change the past.. lets look forward. We (meaning ME, with Cody later agreeing and Kapri having no choice) have decided that our family is going to do some type of charity work every January. It'll give us something to look forward to during this drab, boring month after the holidays are over. I realize once a year might seem lame, and I actually feel ridiculous saying it out loud, but its a start. I realize every day how lucky we are to have steady jobs and a roof over our head. Especially on freezing cold, rainy nights like this one.

I triple dog dare you to do the same. Once a year people.. what excuse could you possibly have not to do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment