Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Excuse me...

..just one minute while I slop up all this snot and tears.. sniff, sniff. My baby is one. Can I even call her my baby anymore? Some people consider one year old's toddlers. Noooooo!! I refuse to call her a toddler. I won't do it, you can't make me.


In all seriousness, this last year has flown by. I wish I could just stop time, or just slow it down a little. I cannot think of anything that is more rewarding than being a mom. Its ridiculous how proud I am of her when she does tiny things, like drinking out of a straw. Who would have thought that would be such a big deal. Oh but it was!! The week of her birthday she took six steps.. six steps, and I was the proudest mama ever!! Now she's walking all over the place. If she falls, she quickly crawls to the nearest chair/wall to get back up again. Before I know it she'll be running around the house.

I had a little get together for her birthday.. luckily Jalynn has a roomy house and was willing to let us have it there. Good thing, cause if you've seen my house you know 50, or so, people would NOT fit comfortably.

I made super cute owl invitations.. "Its sure to be a HOOT"!! Too bad I forgot to mail them out. Most people got phone calls the day before, so maybe I'm a slacker. We had delicious soup and rolls.. and a Costco caterpillar cake!! I got Kapri a little flower cupcake.. at first she wasn't so sure about it. Then she dug in!!




Thanks again to everyone who came.. and a double thanks for all the presents!! She's loving all of them!!

As a side note, I gave her a "Little People Dance Party" CD and after everyone left we had a little jam session. I couldn't resist posting this picture of Shonni. Frankly, I have NO idea what song we were listening to, or who she was doing an impression of.. but its funny to look at anyway!!

1 comment:

  1. She looks darling in that birthday outfit. I love the cake pics!!

    ReplyDelete