Monday, July 26, 2010

Cowboy State... Part Two.

On Monday we had another family reunion (this one, not so immediate-ish) in Greybull. Which I always thought growing up, was spelled Grabel. We learn so much when we grow up!! Hmmm.

I knew about three of these people.


Okay, maybe four...





We have a cousin (not so immediate-ish, but related, somehow) who plays for the Pittsburg Steelers. (Go Packers!!) Brett Keisel would be his name, football is his game. We had heard that he would be at the reunion, so we had gone to a Pamida (the Big Lots of the cowboy state) and stocked up on things for him to sign. I have good friends, Dorothy and Gary, who would be celebrating their 30th anniversary later that month. They are HUGE Steelers fans, and I knew this would be the perfect gift. You can read all about their big surprise party here.

We were totally those lame people, I asked him if he would sign something for some friends of mine. Then we came trampling up with about three bags worth of things for him to sign. I tried to make a joke and said "Heeeyyy, remember when I asked if you'd sign something, well I really meant ten things!!" Haha, funny right? He came back with "Yeah, thats usually how it goes." BURN!! He was very nice, and even laughed when I gave him the sports "cup" to sign. He added his own twist by writing "Safety First".


So there you go people, I'm inadvertently famous. I'll be signing autographs later.

The next day we were in Burlington staying with my Grandma and Grandpa Hockley and we headed over to my brother's in-laws house to see some animals.




We saw cats and dogs.


The pigs were cute.. but wanted nothing to do with us. We sent Conner in to catch one, but he was too big of a wussy. I should've shown everyone my pig wrestling skills.


Then we went to see the baby cows.. OH MY ADORABLE. I wanted to take one home for a pet. They weren't too keen on the idea of the kids mauling them, but they behaved.




This cow's name is Hollywood. Either Hulk or Brooke Hogan (I get confused) milked her on an episode of their show. I believe she had a baby that same year, or the next, that had a star on it. CRAZY, I know.








The next morning, before we headed out, we took some pics in front of my Grandma and Grandpa Hockley's house. I will be refraining from posting ANY with me from that morning. Not pretty. But these guys sure look cute.


And Shonni. Jerks.


My Grandma Loveland (who is actually my mom's first husband's mom, but we have always considered her our grandma) lives just around the corner from where we were staying and we haven't seen her for years, so we stopped to say hello. She lives in a little white house, that I love. I wish I had gotten a picture of it.



I have a picture of me when I was younger, sitting on this same banister. I wanted one with Kapri there too, she wasn't too fond of that idea. She had reached the end of her (short) rope and was ready to go home.





At some point on the trip (again.. I get confused, it was two months ago, afterall) we stopped at a cemetery where my mom's first husband is buried. Her name happens to be on the headstone next to his.. creepy, right? We made her pose next to it.


Her husband wanted her to lay down in front of it, but she thought that was too much.



The girls loved running through the headstones, some people may thing this is disrespectful, but they're one, they were having fun. I hope kids run around on my headstone one day. In fact, I'm gonna run around with them.





The ride home was pretty uneventful.



But BEAUTIFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment